Thursday, December 10, 2009

15 Days 'Till Christmas!

"Christmas Playgroup!


Let's welcome our friends into our home,


so we don't have to celebrate alone!"


This morning we had playgroup at our house...we had some great activities planned.

We made snowflake ornaments....
White chocolate covered pretzels:



And topped it off with some hot chocolate and good old-fashioned playing!


Here is Jill with her sweet baby Kambrie...

and Alex, Clara, and Tanner

We also had Betsy and her daughter (whose name I don't know how to spell), and of course last but not least Nancy and Benson!

I am so happy being a mom. I love even the preparation for these get togethers. I love looking around on the internet for fun things to do. I love that Alex can actually participate in activities, and can't wait until Grace can.

I can't speak for Alex, Grace, or anyone else who came, but I had a great time.

I am having doubts about my baking abilities...but the story of my baking is one that definitely deserves a blog entry of its own, so I will wait until later (mostly when I'm fully calmed down and out of time out from the kitchen) to write about it! :)

My baking aside, it was a great playdate!

And, unfortunately Chris wasn't able to participate because of work, but we kept him in our minds. Tonight is our first night together in a long time with no plans, so hopefully we will get to do something nice and relaxing and Christmasy...maybe we'll put up the tree!

1 comment:

  1. Carrie! Love the blog! You are such a fun, cute mom! Your kids are getting so big! I about flipped when I saw Grace STANDING in the photo on your blog header! I still think of her as a little newborn wrapped in a blankie. So sweet! Can't wait to see you Christmas eve! Keep up the blogging! I'll be watching! Love, Bobbi

    ReplyDelete