Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Yay! Boo.Yay! Boo.

Also Titled: The Tale of Buying 4x4's.

Me: "Do you have any 4x4's?"
Lowe's Employee: "Sure, follow me."
A minute later.
LE: "Actually, I don't think we have any 4x4's.
Me: "Oh really?"
LE: "Wait! I can call and ask someone."
Me: "Ok, that would be great."
LE: "They said they are over here."
We walk over to an empty area.
LE: "I guess we are all out."
Me: "Ok, well thanks for your help."
Lowe's Employee #2: "Can I help you guys?"
LE #1: "She's looking for 4x4's, but we don't have any."
LE#2: "Sure we do, they're right over there."
We walk to the 4x4's location.
Me: "Great! Is there any way you guys can cut these into 4 inch squares for me?"
LE#1: "Sure. It will take a few minutes, I'll leave them in a cart up front for you."
Me: "Awesome!"
Alex, Grace, and Mom do a happy dance in the aisle at really how unbelievably easy that was and how it was too good to be true. We are literally dancing and giving each other high five's.
A few minutes later we bump in to LE#1.
LE#1: Sorry, but the machine will only cut wood up to 3 inches, so we can't cut the 4x4's.
We load up in the car 4x4less.

We drive to a lumber yard on KK. Yes, they have 4x4's, yes they can cut them, but it will take a little while because there is only one guy in that back. We say we'll wait. She says, "Ok, your total is $45.86." We tell her no thanks, and load up in the car 4x4less.

We run another errand and bump into our neighboor who says he can cut our 4x4's. So, we go back to Lowe's and purchase the 4x4's, and finally leave with some 4x4's.

Our neighboor calls and says none of his or any of his friends saws will be able to work, but to call Meeks and they will be able to cut it.

I leave the 4x4's in the van, call Meeks, and they say I have to return the 4x4's to the store I bought them from, buy the 4x4's from Meeks, and they will cut them for free. Fine, I say. How much do your 4x4's cost? They say they only have treated wood. I don't want treated wood. He says I have to bring the wood I want to them, and they will cut it, charging 'probably' $5.

To be continued...or not...

No comments:

Post a Comment