Monday, December 6, 2010

Snowman Project

This is a little Snowman project I found on a website that seemed like something fun for us to do...especially because it involved marshmallows and said right in the directions, "Encourage the kids to eat the marshmallows!" So I knew right away that this activity would be a hit.
I didn't, however, have any idea what awesomeness the future had in store for me!
Alex is a fair weathered activity kinda guy.
We haven't yet hit the phase of life where the completion of projects ever really happens.
But today was different!
I explained the activity,
showed how we used 'Magic!' (our tongues) to make glue so the marshmallows would stick to the paper.
Grace went straight to eating hers. Could've cared less about the project.
But Alex, sweet Alex, got right to work and after a few minutes called me over and said,
"Look Mom, a 'Qua'."
And sure enough, there it was...
a beautiful, showstopping, perfect 'Qua' (or letter Q).
Well this little Q made me feel like the proudest parent ever on the face of the entire earth!
I didn't think I could go to bed tonight any happier until I saw this!
He finished...

...the entire project!
I'm beaming right now just reliving what just happened!
Ahhh...this is what it's all about!
Merry Christmas to me!



No comments:

Post a Comment