Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Weekend of Celebration!

Valentine's Day weekend was a very special one at our house this year. All of the grandparents were in town to help celebrate...


Grace's 1st Birthday!



Now, I could do a whole blog entry on the cake alone, but instead of focusing on my 12 hours of turmoil, because in the end it was a success, I will focus on our first 365 days with Grace!









Grace, you came 10 days early and Thank Goodness! On the day I had you, I left work early because I was feeling so bad I thought I would bite everyone's heads off at an 11:00 a.m. meeting I had scheduled. (I left work at 10:45.) You heard my prayers while I was pacing around the house going over and over in my head how I could possibly go through ten more days of this and contemplating whether I should take early maternity leave when...my water broke! Your Dad and I were holding you in our arms by 10:30 p.m.! What a wonderful day.

Your influence on our family has been one of perfection. You challenge us when we need challenge, you give us peace when that is what we need. Your brother has continued to become so responsible and gentle and loving, and this is partially due to your influence.

In one short year you have gone from unable to move, to crawling and climbing. From a bottle to regular food...all of it...(you out eat your brother...and sometimes your parents! :)) You have gone from not being able to communicate at all, to smiling, waving, clapping, laughing, and saying, 'Hi!' and, 'Bye Bye!'. And, let's not forget your love of dance! Your jiggling and wiggling to music always lets us know whether or not we are playing a song you like!
Thank You for being a second perfect baby...you are certainly the perfect fit for our family and we love, love, love you!













































No comments:

Post a Comment