Wednesday, March 10, 2010

And on top of the Cute v. Scary

More proof that my kids are growing up:


Alex has started wanting to dress himself. I challenged him to put on a pair of pants. He became intimidated and quickly gave up. Minutes later he came into the kitchen yelling, "Mom! I did it! I did it!" I looked at him and sure enough...he had gotten his pants on ALL BY HIMSELF!


There was only one little problem:




I could not control my laughter, but luckily was able to pass it off by repeatedly giving contratulatory hugs. I didn't dare fix them...until the appropriate diaper change time.
And I have NO IDEA what this expression means, but it can't be good.
Is it possible that my child is smarter than me already?
From the looks of this smile, I'm going to have to go with, 'Yes. Yes he is.'
Note: Powdered sugar donuts and PB&J's were eaten shortly before this photo was taken.

Here's the bottom line:


My kids are growing up so fast I know not what to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment