Monday, January 10, 2011

It's a Hard Knock Life

Tonight, after Alex spilled his milk for the second time, I turned around and found my sweet girl had gotten a towel and had started cleaning it up.
Immediately the following song (more specifically, the part I've highlighted in blue) started going off in my head.
Sing it with me now:
It's the hard-knock life for us!
It's the hard-knock life for us!
'Steada treated,
We get tricked!
'Steada kisses,
We get kicked!
It's the hard-knock life!
Got no folks to speak of, so,
It's the hard-knock row we how!
Cotton blankets,
'Steada wool!
Empty Bellies
'Steada full!
It's the hard-knock life!
Don't you feel like the wind is always howl'n?
Don't it seem like there's never any light!

Once a day, don't you wanna throw the towel in?


It's easier than puttin' up a fight!

It's a hard knock life!
Ha! Ha! Even as I'm writing this, Grace just came into the room and started playing the harmonica!!! How appropriate. The poor thing thinks she's been jailed.
Grace, do you need some 'one on one' time, honey???
Which brings me to the second cute Grace story of the day:
We are at the grocery store trying to load up and get into the car as fast as possible because of the snow and I say,
"Grace, come on," as I'm trying to help her out of the cart,
"You've got to help me with your legs! It's freezing out here and we're trying to move fast, remember?"
To which Grace excitedly replies, "Oh yeah. Sorry about that, honey."
Again, people in the parking lot think I'm crazy as I'm laughing hysterically!!!
Wouldn't you?




No comments:

Post a Comment