Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Hawaiian Luau

I am working on catching up on our blog, and next up is Jayne and Tillie's trip to visit us!

Our property owners association must have heard they were coming in town, and decided to throw a welcoming Hawaiian Luau for them!

So they got into town, rested up for a minute, and then we were off to start the party!


These three were ready to get the party started!

Alex and Grace always talk about Tillie, and love every minute they get to spend with her and their Auntie Jayne.


At one point, Tillie and Grace looked so cute together, it was an 'almost' perfect photo opportunity. So I said, "You guys, turn around so I can take your picture!"

This captures my love of how literal young children are.

As you can see, they obeyed and did exactly what I asked:

Turned around!

That's better!

My two men.

A natural talent.

This little one was, well, to say the least, content with this superman body paint.

As a matter of fact, for a moment, he turned in to Superman himself!

I don't know about you, but I see the resemblance.

Tillie with her rainbow and sun on one arm, and moon on the other.

Grace with her pink momma dolphin.And we can NOT forget the Hula Hoop Contest.

Here are some of the contestants:


I'm not trying to brag or anything,

but my niece was crowned

'Miss Junior Hula Hoop Champion'.

It was a pretty big deal.

And then there was the adult round.

I think the lady in the backround won.

"Is there something on my head?"

"It feels kinda itchy?"

"No?...Okay."

"It does feel itchy, though, are you sure?"




As the sun began to set, we all held hands and walked into the sunset,

falling/crashing into our beds,

dreaming of dolphins, rainbows, and hula hoops.

A-hem...and SpiderMan!
































No comments:

Post a Comment